The Actuarial Assistant will report to the Head of Actuarial Function. You will be a key member of the Actuarial Function which has statutory responsibilities set out in Solvency II rules but also leads on other areas as described below.
- Assist in the company’s business planning.
- Support modelling of capital requirements and solvency including reporting and public disclosure (QRTs / RSR / SFCR).
- Assist with preparation of all templates relating to reporting and public disclosure.
- Review reinsurance arrangements and assist with opinion on adequacy.
- Contribute to drafting the Actuarial Function Holder’s report.
- Assist the company’s underwriters in pricing and assessing product performance.
- Support the Board and risk management function in carrying out the ORSA.
- Assist in deciding on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks.
- Establish and develop relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders.
Qualification, knowledge, experience, and skills:
- Proven general insurance actuarial experience.
- Actuarial qualification or progress towards qualification.
- Strong MS Excel and Word skills, ideally including Power Query.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis, modelling and forecasting.
- Excellent communication, time management and people skills.